Respect for the environment
Manawan Tourism and local partners, despite the remoteness of the community, use different measures to ease the environmental traces caused by the stay of our visitors.
Here are a couple examples:
- Use of four-stroke engines (versus 2 stroke)
- Use of solar panels on the Matakan site
- Composting organic materials
- Collective transport offer from Montreal
- Maximizing the use of local materials (mainly local wood)
- Repartition of resources taken in the community (fish, moose, etc.)
Aware that several other measures should be implemented, including maximizing recycling, Manawan Tourism supports, with the Band Council, the establishment of new measures.